Thursday, June 3, 2010

Antigua

As you wander the city of Antigua, through it’s cobblestone streets you see remnants of a time before. A time before the earth has tried and tried to take back what was first hers. I loved finding these little tastes and then ponder “where did that go”, “who had once lived there”, I love to imagine the building whole again. Candles at the alters and nuns praying in the gardens. These remains almost make me feel closer to God than in a new church. Something about the way the building is trying so hard to remain a temple for Him. And then the determination of the people to build and rebuild, without today’s technology, to work so hard and be so committed to building something they believe in. Makes me feel humbled and ashamed in my own commitment to my church and faith. To walk these grounds is not only beautiful and an architectual history, book but a peak into the hearts of man.




No comments:

Post a Comment